April 29, 2010 - 1:00PM EST
Social Media: a Bird's Eye View
How to leverage social media marketing for your business
The New Community Rules:
Marketing on the Social Web
Blogger at techipedia.com
OK, so you've set up your Twitter and Facebook accounts and even have a blog. But are you still lost in the social media woods? Get a bird's eye view with high-flying social media guru Tamar Weinberg, author of the popular Social Media Book The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web as she puts social media in perspective for your business with real-life examples and rules of the road.
In this Webinar you'll learn:
- To tame technology and make it your friend so that you can make more personal connections. It's about the people, not about the tools!
- To translate the real-life community participation (which you've already mastered) to the community online!
- How many organizations use Twitter and Facebook for swift, loyalty-building customer service that leads to goodwill and sales.
- Online community etiquette. Would you introduce yourself at a party as "Hi, I'm Austin Real Estate Professional?"
- Hear success stories of organizations that have put it all together social media-wise, to create meaningful interactions with consumers and the community, that lead to more engagement, and ultimately sales.
Tamar Weinberg (@tamar) is a freelance writer and internet marketing consultant specializing in blogger outreach, viral marketing, and social media. She is also the author of The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web (O'Reilly, July 2009), a primer to social media marketing. She has been recognized as one of the topmost public influencers of the web in New York City by NowPublic, one of NxE's most influential female bloggers, and was featured in the 2008 and the "2009" "Top 100 Online Marketers" list by Invesp. She blogs about her thoughts on social media at her personal blog, Techipedia.